A Chinese man has lived a year swallowed a spoon on a bet
• The Chinese spent a year on a dare swallowed a spoon
Doctors started to treat a man suffering from chest pain, were shocked when they discovered in his esophagus entire metal spoon.
According to the hospital in Urumqi, Xinjiang (China), 26-year-old man had swallowed a spoonful of a year ago as a result of the focus during a drunken argument.
After the X-ray and endoscopy - when the patient's body is inserted into a tiny plastic tube with an attached camera - doctors still managed to extract 20-inch kitchen appliance.
A year ago, during a drunken argument, the guy said that he could swallow a spoonful of stainless steel, and then pull it back, using a rope attached to the handle.
But alas, the trick has not been realized as of wanted young people, resulting in a spoonful of it and could not get back. For the man skilled in all that time I did not apply, because it does not interfere with the device, and it can without difficulty to eat food. The patient, whose name was Zhang (Zhang), was forced to seek help from a doctor only after a few days ago, he was hit in the chest, which is why he developed chest pain and having trouble breathing.
"I was shocked. In my experience, never anything like this has happened, - said Dr. Ziba Yu (Yu Xiwu). - When the patient is admitted to us, his esophagus has festered. "
Having studied the situation, the doctors came to the conclusion that the safest way to remove the spoon will delete it as well as she entered - through the mouth.
The operation to extract the metal device lasted 2 hours and while the guy was under general anesthesia, surgeons using endoscopic equipment successfully removed a foreign object.
The hospital said that the guy goes on the amendment, and in the coming days will be discharged.