15 biological differences between men and women, about which few people know
• 15 biological differences between men and women, about which few people know
The fact that women and men differ significantly from each other, we know for a long time. Most of these differences are laid down by Mother Nature. We know all this, but what about the specific differences in question? Leaving aside the obvious physiological aspects, we offer you the 15 most interesting facts about the male and female body, many of which are known only to people well-versed in this matter.
1) The majority of newborns with birth defects of the boys. And this is understandable, because the girls in any case there is an additional pair of X-chromosomes.
2) of adipose tissue distribution in the body is also different. It is no coincidence liposuction procedure is more common in women than in men, because the women fat, laying, forms a kind of ring around the abdomen and hips. In men, fat is stored between organs, it is called visceral and because liposuction is powerless in this case.
3) Mitochondrial diseases are transmitted only child from his mother and never - from his father.
4) Men are affected by stuttering in 3-10 times more often than women.
5) The hearing deteriorates with age at all. But, as it turns out, the women and men it spoils differently. For example, women with age no longer hear low sounds, while the men begin to perceive high worse. Now it is clear why, from the age of couples getting harder to understand each other (just kidding, of course).
6) The circulatory system is also different from the representatives of different sexes. So, in men more than in the blood of red blood cells and less water, and the percentage of red blood cells in women is 20% lower than that of men, while the water in the blood contains more women. In addition, the male body blood circulates fairly evenly, while women circulation and, consequently, the blood concentration is significantly higher in the pelvis and vital organs.
7) Speaking of the vital organs - they, too, are different. And it's not about sex, as many might think. One difference lies in the liver: About 1,000 genes, which vary depending on the sex, the work associated with the liver. That is why everything that is processed with her participation, processed at different speeds.
8) persons, we also differ significantly. Besides the obvious differences, like a sharp facial features, the researchers also found that women face on average, larger than those of men.
9) skull shape is also different. Thus, the external occipital protuberance (located in the lower rear of the skull) is somewhat greater in men than in women.
10) The average percentage of intellectual abnormalities in men than in women. This is often explained by a greater percentage, how genius and mentally retarded. In addition to the above, it should be noted that the incidence of autism in boys also occur 4 times more often than girls.
11), and even we breathe, as it turned out a little differently. Men get most of the energy from anaerobic respiration, and women, on the other hand - as a result of aerobic respiration.
12) Not for nothing it is assumed that women are better maintain order in the house, than men. And although it is - more a matter of education and self-discipline, biologically, women should be easier to see things that lie not in their places. And all because women have better peripheral vision, while the men are more proficient in visual search. In addition, women of color are distinguished better. And that - not that other, as the tricks of evolution, which has adapted one - for hunting, and the other - for gathering and maintaining life.
13) Even with the heart of some of the differences are related. For example, heart attack symptoms in men is quite clear: on them immediately clear what was happening. As for women, the symptoms of a heart attack can be much more unexpected, so that it is not always clear what happens to the unfortunate.
14) Men have better developed spatial thinking.
15) The mortality rate among men is higher in almost all diseases, except, perhaps, a typically-female ailments, such as breast cancer and other similar diseases.