Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

• How Soviet cars are taken in the United States

For a long time the only Soviet car "Victory" has been in the United States, which brought back from Finland, one of Odessa American descent named Stanley Slotkin. Since then the situation has changed radically. So who, how and for what acquires and collects Soviet cars across the ocean?

Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

Perhaps now it is still hard to believe, but the Soviet automobiles in the United States is not just a local phenomenon, and the dynamic trend. The biggest club of the Soviet car in Seattle. There's even a theme museum. In Los Angeles, operates the union, which is called "SSSRGarage". In New York and Miami held regularly fees and amateur shows. There are clubs in many other cities, including Portland.

Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

In 90% of cases of car collectors are immigrants from the CIS countries and Russia. The remaining 10% of collectors are not even talking in Russian. One of the most significant personalities in this matter remains Borisov, who founded the popular movement "SSSRGarage". It all started with the fact that he bought in San Francisco UAZ 469. Now his collection there is also a VAZ-2106, GAZ-69 and K-750 motorcycle.

Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

On the last show "CCCP Car Show", which was organized in Los Angeles, had 18 collectors with their machines. Every year the number of those interested in this subject is growing. All these owners "Volga" and "Lada" paraded not only topical events. They also visited other retro car show, where immigrants from the Soviet Union guaranteed themselves in the limelight.

Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

The fact is that Americans today it is hard to surprise the "usual classics." The country has accumulated a huge amount of different levels of rarities from hot rods to the Ferrari 250 GTO. However, the Soviet equipment was still a genuine interest. Of particular interest is the UAZ. By the degree of "brutality" and inconvenience an American even jokingly compared it with a school bus.

Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

It's funny and what most American brother surprising absence in the Soviet car cupholders in any form. Collectors is not easy to convey to fellow that put in the cup holders in the USSR there was simply nothing. Even in today's Russia is not the Starbucks at every turn. At that time, both in the US holders began to appear in cars almost from the 50s. An even greater shock to Americans is the lack of head restraints, and questions about the presence in the car airbags and all set with some caution.

Where in America come from the Soviet vehicles

In the United States, Soviet cars now get a variety of ways. One of the most popular destinations is Canada, which until 1997 were exported to various domestic cars. Also, the machine driven directly from the territory of the former socialist countries: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, and many others. Prices of Soviet curiosities ranging from 8 to 27 thousand dollars, depending on their condition and appetite collector. The country has already formed a real guild masters (mainly immigrants from the USSR), which has been repairing and painting vehicles in the former country.