The first class of "Aeroflot" Soviet times
• The first class of "Aeroflot" Soviet times
"Aeroflot" - the first Soviet transport company, which introduced the concept of klassnosti salons. If ordinary Soviet passengers can only rely on the mineral water and the book, in the "first class", designed for wealthy foreigners, offered caviar with vodka. We've put together 13 pictures from different sides of Soviet aircraft, allowing to imagine how traveling in the Soviet Union.
1. Shop first class Tu-104 was like a car compartment.
Soviet ideology assumed that there are no rich or poor - everyone is equal. Therefore, when talking about the Soviet transport, there was no such categories as "first class", "business class" and so on. The only exception is the company "Aeroflot". The fact that air travel occurred not only within the Union, but also throughout the world, which means that the airline had to adopt Western standards. So in 1950 there was a service for wealthy tourists. But sometimes liners "Aeroflot", intended for international flights have been used for domestic flights, and then into a luxurious first-class fell the most ordinary Soviet citizens.
2. Grandmother in first-class cabin.
The Soviet first class could carry even animals.
3. Passenger with his four-legged friends. Soviet people in the flight did not drink alcohol. Judging from the photo, during the flight they had read the works of Marx
4. Reading in flight.
5. It looked like a premium lunch on the Tu-104.
And it was prepared on smart kitchen furniture with oak.
6. The kitchen is on the Tu-104.
Already in the Tu-114 appeared comfortable beds with real duvets and pillows.
7. Sleeper passenger Tu-114.
Looking at the photo, you know that the journey to the USSR did not mean lack of comfort.
8. Flying in the Tu-114.
9. Interior could look so.
10. And this is a presidential suite in a Soviet way. It flew only top party leaders. Leather seats, red carpet and polished furniture.
11. Presidential Suite in the Soviet.
In 1980 the first class became available to ordinary Soviet passengers. If you pay attention to the food and beverages offered during the flight, it is obvious that they resemble a luxurious New Year's table.
12. Lunch on board the Soviet ship.
Posters "Aeroflot" offers a transatlantic flight in first class for 583 dollars 90 cents, which was at the official rate of 525 rubles 60 kopeks, promising a high level of comfort, a real Russian vodka and caviar.
13. The handbill of "Aeroflot".