Vampires are among us!
• Vampires are among us!
from afar they look in the warm summer sky like black birds, but only then, looking closer, you can see that it's not a bird. This is truly a unique creation of nature, and even the stories about him are intertwined with some kind of mystery. They are credited with magical properties, and many say that they are the devil incarnate. But is it?
Of course, we are talking about bats, although they could be called in a different way. So, it is a mammal. It is the only one of its kind that can fly like a bird. Belongs to the order of bats, which in turn are divided into two suborders small bats, they occupy about 70% of the total and big bats - they got the remaining 30%. Worldwide, there are about 1,000 species of these flying animals.
Their bull covered scalp, and membranes of their paws are partitions made of leather. Actually, quite an interesting creation, has a highly developed ear among all available on the planet flying creatures. Bats emit ultrasounds in all directions and immediately caught resonance sent waves. Due to this they are oriented in virtually all directions seamlessly as a barrier feel, and how far it is from them. Most notably, in this way it runs the radar.
In the dark, they are perfectly locate their prey and grab it, poisoned in his place of residence. These interesting animals live literally everywhere, only in the deserts and the Arctic Circle you will not find them because they are not suitable pronounced climatic conditions. To their homes, they prefer moist caves, empty trunks of old trees, and some abandoned old buildings. They like dense forest undergrowth, abandoned lakes, bogs, beaches with dense vegetation of the rivers. During the year, they may be in one place, but there are types who like to change it.
During their waking falls exclusively on the night and during the day they prefer to rest hanging head down. It is interesting to note that they live long enough. So, there are species whose age could reach 30 years. The basis of their power up insects, flies, fruit and berries. Only 1% of the total number eats lizards, birds, frogs, fishes, as well as other bats that much less their body weight. People associate these bloodthirsty creatures with dangerous creatures.
How many legends and stories were invented. But here it is necessary to say that in 1000 only three species may feed on the blood of other mammals and birds, and the amount that they drink will not kill them, but in some ways updated their blood, allowing the formation of a new required amount. Inhabit these species in Central and South America. Per person, these three species of blood-sucking bats do not attack and blood do not eat. It is interesting to note that the female bears cubs 5-6 months. mating occurs at the end of autumn and early winter, so that they appear young and early summer. They have a very low birth rate, since the female can produce at one time only one baby. Such is the feature! These animals, in addition to a negative opinion about them, bring many benefits, they are involved in natural processes, helping the person to limit the use of any chemicals, because they eat all sorts of insects, many of whom are very pest. And the fact that they eat fruit, is good too, as they can only eat over-mature, which are not subject to sales or food. Their stool can be used as fertilizer. And then, they carry pollen from one flower to another that is basic in fetal ovary.
So, it is useful in its own way mammals are necessary in the nature. And let their faces, somewhat peculiar, and those dark stories that are attributed to them, do not confuse anyone.