Interesting facts about the parade in 1945
• Interesting facts about the parade in 1945
June 24, 1945 in Moscow's Red Square hosted the first parade, dedicated to the victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War. One of the most important events of the twentieth century, which many do not know is very interesting nuances.
Here I want to describe a little-known facts about this parade with the participation of 24 Marshal, 249 generals, 2536 officers and 31,116 privates, sergeants, and over 1,850 pieces of military equipment, triumphantly held on Red Square
1. Victory Parade took Marshal Georgy Zhukov, not Stalin. A week before the day of the parade, Stalin called Zhukov to his dacha, and asked whether the marshal had forgotten how to ride a horse. Him something more and more cars on the staff have to travel. Zhukov replied that he had not forgotten how and spare minute trying to ride.
- Look, - said the supreme - you have to take the Victory Parade. The parade will Rokossovsky.
Zhukov was surprised, but did not show:
- Thank you for this honor, but is not it better to take your hits?
And Stalin to him:
- I'm too old to take the parades. Take you, you younger.
The next day, Zhukov went to the Central airfield at the former Khodynka - there is a rehearsal of the parade - and met with Vasily, Stalin's son. And it is here that Marshal Vasily and amazed. Secretly he told his father he was going to take hits. Marshal Budyonny commanded to prepare a suitable horse and rode in Khamovniki, the main army arena riding on Chudovke as then called Komsomol prospectus. There the army troopers have arranged a magnificent arena - a huge, high room, covered with a large mirror. It is here June 16, 1945, Stalin came to revive old check has not lost over time if horseman skills. At a sign Budennogo brought the white horse and helped Stalin hoisted into the saddle. Gathering the reins in his left hand, which was always bent at the elbow, and only half the current, because of what the evil tongues fellow party leader called "the withered hand," Stalin spurred restive horse - and he drove off ... The rider fell from his saddle, and, in spite of the thick layer of sawdust have hurt his head sideways, and ... To him all rushed, helped to stand up. Budyonny persons nerobky with fear looking at the leader ... but without consequences.
2. Victory Banner, brought to Moscow June 20, 1945, were to carry on the Red Square. And calculation Znamenshchikov specially trained. Keeper of the Banner at the Museum of the Soviet Army A. Dementiev stated, hoisted it over the Reichstag and seconded to Moscow Neustroev bearer and his assistants Yegorov and Berest Kantariya went to rehearsals very badly - in a war they did not have to drill. At the same Neustroeva to 22 years it had five wounds, legs were injured. Appoint other bearers - is absurd, and too late. Zhukov decided not to make the Banner. Therefore, contrary to popular belief, Banner at the Parade was not a victory. The banner carried the first time the parade in 1965.
3. More than once the question arises: why Banner lacks strip length 73 and a width of 3 cm, because the cloth of assault flags were cut the same size? There are two versions. First, strip cut and took the memory of May 2, 1945 on the roof of the Reichstag former soldier Alexander Harkov, gunner "Katyusha" of the 92 th Guards Mortar Regiment. But how was he to know that it is one of the few, cotton cloth will be the banner of Victory?
The second version is stored in the Banner of the political department of the 150th Infantry Division. Basically there were working women, who in the summer of 1945 began to demobilize. They decided to keep the souvenir, cut the strip and divided into pieces. This version is more likely: in the early 70's in the Soviet Army Museum, the woman came and told the story and showed her a scrap.
4. All footage seen as the foot of the Mausoleum abandoned fascist banners. But it is curious that 200 banners and standards of the defeated German units were carrying soldiers wearing gloves, stressing that even in the hands of these poles to take banners of disgusting. And throw on a special platform that banners have not touched pavement Red Square. First threw a personal standard of Hitler, the last - the banner of the Vlasov army. In the evening of the same day the platform and all the gloves were burned.
5. Directive on preparations for the parade went to the army for a month, at the end of May. A parade exact date determined by the time required Moscow sewing factories for sewing 10 thousand sets of ceremonial uniforms for the soldiers, and the terms in the studio tailoring uniforms for officers and generals.
6. To participate in the Victory Parade, it was necessary to go through a rigorous selection: consider not only exploits and achievements, but also a view corresponding appearance of the victorious warrior, and to the growth of a warrior was not less than 170 cm without reason in newsreels all the participants of the parade - just handsome. especially pilots. Going to Moscow, the lucky ones did not yet know that they will have 10 hours a day to engage in combat for three and a half minutes of flawless march on Red Square.
7. Fifteen minutes before the parade began to rain, it was transformed into a downpour. It cleared up only in the evening. Because of this, the air part of the parade was canceled. Standing on the podium of the Mausoleum Stalin was wearing a raincoat and rubber boots - the weather. But the marshals were soaked through. Drenched Rokossovskogo dress uniform when dried up, I sat down, so that it was impossible to remove it - had to unpick. 8. Survived ceremonial speech Zhukov. It is interesting that its fields someone carefully painted all the intonation with which the marshal had to speak the text. The most interesting notes: "quieter, more severe" - in the words: "Four years ago, the German fascist hordes of robber attacked our country"; "Louder with the growing" - in bold underlined phrase: "The Red Army under the leadership of its military genius launched a determined offensive." But the "quieter, more heartfelt" - starting with the sentence "The victory we have won at the cost of heavy sacrifices."
9. Few people know that epochal parades were four in 1945. First in importance is undoubtedly the Victory Parade June 24, 1945 in Moscow on Red Square. Parade of Soviet troops in Berlin was held May 4, 1945 at the Brandenburg Gate, he took his military commandant of Berlin, General N. Berzarin.
Victory Parade of allied troops in Berlin staged a September 7, 1945. It was an offer Zhukov after the Moscow Victory Parade. From each nation participated Union combined regiment of a thousand men and armored units. But the admiration caused 52 tank IS-3 of our 2 nd Guards Tank Army.
Victory Parade of Soviet troops in Harbin 16 September 1945 reminded the first parade in Berlin: our soldiers were in the field form. Tanks and ACS closed the column.
10. After the parade, June 24, 1945 Victory Day widely celebrated and had a normal working day. Only in 1965 the Victory Day has become a festive holiday. After the collapse of the USSR victory parade were not carried out until 1995. 11. Why is the Victory Parade on June 24, 1945 one dog suffered at the hands of Stalin on his overcoat?
During the Second World War objects sappers defuse actively helped trained dogs. One of them, nicknamed Djulbars found in mine sites in European countries in the last year of the war 7468 minutes and more than 150 shells. Shortly before Victory Day parade in Moscow, June 24 Djulbars was injured and could not pass a part of the school of military dogs. Then Stalin ordered to carry the dog on the Red Square on his overcoat.