Little-known facts about the life of Alexander Pushkin
• Little-known facts about the life of Alexander Pushkin
Life of Alexander Pushkin studied and described by hundreds of researchers from around the world. Known to the smallest details of his work, life and personal relations, recovered for personal records, memoirs of contemporaries and archive documents. But we are told not all the facts about the poet's life, probably so as not to destroy its aura of exclusivity and genius.
Meanwhile, Pushkin was not alien to anything human - the poet had his own quirks and flaws. We believe that they can not affect the authority of the giant of Russian literature, so hide them makes no sense. Let's get started:
1. Pushkin was low, even for its time of growth -. Of 166 cm At the same time the poet had an excellent posture and knew how to dress properly, enabling this feature is not evident. At the time of balls and social events, for which it was decided to come with their wives, Alexander tried to stay away from Natalia Goncharova, since that was considerably higher than that.
2. As a child, the poet did not differ diligence in gaining knowledge and the elite at the time Tsarskoye Selo Lyceum was only through the efforts of its authoritative uncle - Davidov. Simply put, the young Sasha pushed in school "to pull". At the same time to read and write in French Pushkin began earlier than in Russian, and in his youth he knew about 10 languages.
3. We are used to represent the poet edakii burning handsome with curly hair and trendy whiskers. But Pushkin's contemporaries considered unattractive, as, by the way, they say, and portraits of the poet made in the first half of the XX century. Even the brother of the poet once wrote that he was extremely unattractive man. But the fact that Alexander liked women - are not subject to any doubt.
4. From early childhood Pushkin was mischievous and restless. His antics were sometimes dangerous - 4 years still quite young genius was almost trampled the imperial horse. In later years Alexander has not lost the explosive nature and loved to venture different funny jokes and pranks.
5. Pushkin was frivolous and not too delicate. In one of his first letters to the future wife Natalya Goncharova, a poet without equivocation he stated that it is his 130 on account of love.
6. Alexander loved to duel and never missed an opportunity to take part in them. According to some sources, his life was 27 fights, and on the other - 33. In addition, Pushkin incredibly lucky, of course, but the last fatal satisfaction on the Black River.
7. We all know that the ancestor of Pushkin was born in Ethiopia. But few people know that in a distant African country is remembered and proud of their fellow countryman. In Addis Ababa, even a monument to Pushkin, near which are always fresh flowers.
8. Pushkin is often portrayed as an ardent patriot and edakogo Slavophile. That was not quite true. Like most of the nobles of his time, so he had a passion for everything French, and even write in a foreign language poetry and prose.
9. From school, we know the lines from the poem "Eugene Onegin": "Being a sensible man and you can think about the beauty of nails." Pushkin was terribly afraid to break the long fingernail on the little finger, which at that time was considered the highest chic. In traveling poet defended his special golden thimble.
10. The genius of Russian poetry had a passion for gambling, and in particular to the cards. Luck at the card table Pushkin is not always so for most of his short life, the great poet of financial need. After the death of Alexander left many debts, which paid for him by Emperor Nicholas I. And this is after the lines "And the shameful pillar. Guts of the last priest. The last king snake. "