1000-th city in Russia and the precious pearl of the Southern Urals
• 1 000th city in Russia and the precious pearl of the South Urals
Guy City is located in the southern Urals, 26 km south of Iriklinskoe reservoir, 246 km east of Orenburg. Incidentally, Guy - a 1000-th city in Russia and the precious pearl of the Southern Urals.
The city was founded by Guy May 9, 1959 as an industrial community builders of the local mining and processing plant on the basis of copper-pyrite ores. 20 years later, the village was granted city status. In 1979, Guy became a town of regional subordination, and it is remarkable that in the Register of Russian cities it is registered under number 1000. In 1999, was approved by the city coat of arms.
The city's name is derived from the people's names birch grove, framing the healing spring at 6 km from the city (gai Belarusian - forest grove), there is resort (resort) "Guy", where since 1934, using the mineral water and natural mud a small lake.
Metals, which are then respected:
For the first time in survey work in this area began in 1932. The initiator was known in the Orenburg region geologist Joseph Rudnicki. In these works the war had to collapse, but as soon as there is peace, they again resumed. The first deposit of copper ore were found in one of the wells drilled in 1950. After that, in early spring 1959 started the construction of the plant and the residential village. Construction site announced the All-Union. Here began to come from the members of the Komsomol and the Communists all over the country. Day of birth of the city began to consider the May 9, 1959, when the new building was hoisted over a raised flag, notifying the start of construction of a shock. For the year of construction, it was built houses, a school, a bath, and when it was produced 5000 tons of ore. The monument, located in the park, established in honor of the factory workers who took part in the Great Patriotic War:
at the intersection of Lenin Avenue and Victory set here this stele in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Victory over fascism. This memorial sign "survived and won, dead and alive." He appeared on the site May 9, 1995. Work on a memorial sign was carried out for two months. Author of the project - Vladimir Petrovsky. Order of Victory to calm designed metal - Kodyakov Alexander. A memorial sign made of natural granite.
The city has a population of 35 255 people. Monument "Glory to Labor" in the building of the plant of PJSC "Gai GOK":
formed in the open air a museum of military equipment near DOSAAF building:
Obelisk "Fatherland Defenders" is set Sept. 6, 2002. On a pedestal - the tower of the BTR-80, who participated in the fighting in Chechnya. It located on the street in front of the Youth of the city committee DOSAAF:
The memorial sign in honor of the first builders of the city. This obelisk was built in the year of the 25th anniversary of the city in 1984. It is designed as a symbolic obelisk drill. It is in this drill once taken out of the bowels of the earth the first batch of copper ore. Author of the project the main artist of the city of Orsk - Peter Primak. All constructs were made to the "electrical power drive" factory. Construction of the obelisk led trust "Yuzhuraltyazhstroy". According to the artist the obelisk should be white. Below, floodlights were installed on all four sides to illuminate, but then they were removed.
Miners' Palace of Culture:
At the entrance to the city from Bashkiria, set a symbolic memorial sign - Scooptrams. Her bucket - rock mass, which once and transported to the mine this technique. Spent his life PDM to climb the mountain, repaired, upgraded paint layer and erected on a pedestal personnel mine construction management of PJSC "Gai GOK". This composition then appeared in 2017.
St. John of Kronstadt and a bell tower. This magnificent temple was built recently and immediately became the main attraction of the city Gai. The main shrine of the temple should be an icon with the relics of St. George:
The temple is unique in its architecture, which is based on temple architecture of the XIX century. Construction of the temple was laid in 2002, was the company build customer UMMC. In 2006 was completed the brickwork of the complex, the bell tower is raised 11 bells. Weight of the largest of which is 2, 7 tons, the smallest - six kilograms. In 2007, the church and the bell tower was crowned with a dome 10 and weighing 8 tons. Copper for domes allocated PJSC "Gai GOK", and all the dome structure and roof is made of "Gai plant for processing non-ferrous metal" alloy. "
Stela "Glory to Labor" on Pioneer Street. Its height is about 25 meters. Stela appeared in 1964, to the 5th anniversary of the city. It helps to keep the memory of the first gaystroevtsah. On one side of the stele inscription: "By the will of the party of young Guy built his hands." On the other - the date "1959". Let me remind you, this is the year of birth of Gaius.
The cinema "Youth".
Monument to Lenin near the school number 2. He was here established April 22, 1962. Sculpture of Lenin was performed in Moscow and acquired the means of Komsomol members who earn at a volunteer and Sundays.
Here's a he, the city of Ai.
The rest of the city by the same name, see Russia tag "city", they have more than 240.