In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

• learn to grow their own food

In San Francisco, has opened an innovative school where children

Innovative School Golden Bridges School is located on a plot of land at Cotter Street, 203 in the heart of Mission Terrace San Francisco. Education in school is based on the progressive Waldorf method. The school teaches children farming skills and cooking and also instills in them the moral and social values.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

At present, the school Golden Bridges School study of 55 children. The school is no own building, so students wait out the rain in tents.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

70% of the land portion will occupy pre beds. On the remaining 30% is planned to build housing, which will be in classrooms and other rooms.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

Unlike conventional campuses of educational institutions, the school building Golden Bridges School will be fully integrated into the landscape with maximum preservation of the surrounding green spaces.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

The diagonal front facade and roof of the building will be planted plants, thus masking the educational building under a natural hill.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

In the interior of educational building will be used wood in accordance with the principles of Waldorf education, which encourages the use of warm textured natural materials.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

The light will penetrate through the audience facing the south strontium windows, so the demand for electricity will be reduced to a minimum.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

After the whole building will be "golden bridge" interconnecting classrooms and other rooms.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

The site at the entrance to the school will serve as a temporary parking on weekdays, and on weekends - the venue for the farm fairs and public events. The permeable surface area allows to collect rainwater for watering tanks located underground.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food

Innovation Campus project Golden Bridges School was presented by architect Stanley Saitowitz of companies Natoma Architects. Start of construction of the school is planned for February 2017. In September 2017 the school will take to train 80 more students.

In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food In San Francisco, it has opened an innovative school where children are taught to grow your own food