12 traits of the Russian mentality, in which you recognize yourself
• 12 traits of the Russian mentality, in which you recognize yourself
Offers readers attention a very interesting article. It Nikolai Kozlov, Doctor of Psychology, describes the features of the Russian mentality, which is impossible not to find yourself in, and the countrymen.
In general, the mentality - this is the prevailing schemes, stereotypes and patterns of thinking. Russians - not necessarily Russian. A single person can be proud of the fact that he "Cossack", "Bashkir" or "Jew" within Russia but outside of all Russians (past and present) is traditionally called (regardless of origin) Russian. To do this, there is reason: they generally all have similarities in their mentality and behavior.
The Russians can be proud of, we have a great and strong country, we have talented people and deep literature, thus we do know, and their weaknesses. If we want to get better - we have to know them.
So, let's look at ourselves from the outside, namely, from a strictly scientific research. They note that culture researchers as the specific features of the Russian mentality?
1. Collegiality, the primacy of the general over the personal: "We are all his," we have all things in common, and "what people will say." Catholicity turns the notion of privacy and the lack of any possibility of a neighbor's grandmother to intervene and give you all she thinks about your clothes, manners and education of your children.
From the same opera concept of "public", "collective" that are not in the West. "The opinion of the team," "not be separated from the collective", "what will people say?" - collegiality in its purest form. On the other hand, will tell you if you are sticking a label, untied lace, splashed trousers or a torn bag of groceries. And also - the lights blinked on the road to warn of traffic, and save them from the penalty. 2. The desire to live in truth. The term "truth" is often found in ancient sources, is the rule of law, on the basis of which to judge (hence the expression "right to judge" or "judge in righteousness" that is objective, fair). Sources codification - customary law, the prince's jurisprudence, as well as borrowed standards from reputable sources - above all the Holy Scriptures.
Outside of Russian culture often refers to the compliance with the law, the rules of decency and adherence to religious precepts. In the eastern mentality about not speak the truth, in China it is important to live according to the precepts left by Confucius.
3. In the choice between reason and feeling a sense of Russian choose: Sincerity and kindness. The Russian mentality "expediency" is almost synonymous with self-serving, selfish behavior and out of favor, as something "American". The average Russian man in the street is difficult to imagine that one can reasonably and consciously act not only for ourselves but for someone so selfless actions identified with the action "from the heart", on the basis of feelings, without a head.
Russian - dislike of discipline and orderliness, the life of the soul and mood, mood swings of peace, forgiveness and humility to the merciless revolt at the total destruction - and vice versa. Russian mentality lives most of the female models: a sense of softness, forgiveness, crying and reacting furiously to the consequences of such a life strategy.
4. Determination of negativism: most Russians often see themselves disadvantages, not dignity. Abroad, if the person in the street accidentally touched another person, the pattern of virtually any reaction: "Sorry", an apology and a smile. They are brought up. It is sad that in Russia such templates - more negative, then you can hear "Well, you are, where you look?", And something more drastic. Russians are well aware that such a melancholy, despite the fact that this word can not be translated into other European languages. On the streets we have not decided to smile, to look into the faces of others, indecent meet and just start talking. 5. A smile in Russian communication is not a mandatory attribute of politeness. In the West, the more smiling people, the more it shows courtesy. The traditional Russian communication priority - demand sincerity. Smile at the private Russian shows the location of the other person, which of course does not apply to everyone. Therefore, if a person is not smiling from the heart, it causes rejection.
You can ask for help - most likely help. Normally beg - and a cigarette, and money. Man with constantly good mood suspicious - either sick, or insincere. Someone who usually friendly smiles to others - if not a foreigner, of course, a sycophant. Of course, insincere. He says "Yes," agrees - hypocrite. Because frankly the Russian people do not necessarily agree and argue. In general, the real sincerity - this is when the mat! It was then - a man believe!
6. Love to disputes. The Russian communication traditionally occupy an important place disputes. Russian man likes to argue on a variety of issues, both private and shared. Love to disputes on global, philosophical questions - prominent feature of Russian communicative behavior.
The Russian people are often interested in the dispute, not as a means of finding the truth, but as a mental exercise as a form of emotional, sincere communication with each other. That is why the Russian communicative culture of arguing so often lose the thread of the dispute, easily moving away from the original topic.
It is absolutely uncharacteristic willingness to compromise, or to ensure that the other party to save face. Uncompromising, conflict manifests itself very clearly: our man uncomfortable, if not dosporil, he failed to prove their case. "How to put it as an English teacher," Russian always argue to win. " On the other hand, the characteristic of "non-conflict", rather, is a disapproving tone as "spineless," "unprincipled." 7. Russian man lives by faith in the goodness, which once descended from heaven (or above) on the long-suffering Russian land: "Welcome necessarily triumph over evil, but then, one day." However, his personal position - irresponsible: "We will bring truth to someone, but not me personally. I'll do anything I can not and will not do. " The main enemy of the Russian people for the past few centuries is considered the state in serve-punitive class.
8. The principle of "not put out." The Russian mentality dismissive attitude toward politics and democracy as a form of political structure in which source and activity supervisor authority serves the people. Characterized by the belief that people really nowhere solve nothing and democracy - this is a lie and hypocrisy. At the same time, tolerance and habit of lying and hypocrisy of its power due to the belief that you can not otherwise.
9. The habit of stealing, bribery and deception. The belief that stealing everywhere and everything, and honest way to earn a lot of money is impossible. The principle - "do not steal - not live." Alexander I: "In Russia, such a theft, I'm afraid to go to the dentist - sit in a chair, and steal jaw ..." Dahl: "The Russian people are not afraid of the cross, and is afraid of the pestle."
In this case, for the Russians is characterized by a protest related to punishment: punishment for minor violations - it is bad, such as petty, it is necessary - "Farewell!", And when against this background that people get used to the laws are not respected and from minor violations are transferred to large - then the Russian people It will be a long sigh, until angry and ransacked. 10. Springing from the preceding paragraph, a characteristic feature of the Russian mentality - love for freebies. Films need to download via torrent, pay for the licensed programs - zapadlo dream is joy Leni Golubkov MMM pyramid. Our tales depict characters who lie on the stove and in the end receive the kingdom, and the sexy queen. Ivan the Fool is not strong work ethic and ingenuity, when it will do everything for Pike, Sivka-Burke, Humpbacked Horse and other wolves, fish and Firebird.
11. Concern about the value of health is not a sport - it is strange, ill - OK, but absolutely not allowed to throw the poor, including those considered to be morally unacceptable to leave those who do not care about their health and as a result has become in fact a helpless invalid. Women looking rich and successful, and love the poor and the sick. "How could he without me?" - hence the co-dependence as a norm of life.
12. Place of humanism we took pity. If humanism welcomes the care of a man putting on a pedestal free, developed, strong man, then pity directs care to casualties and patients. According to statistics, Mail.ru and VTsIOM, help adults in popularity stands in fifth place after care for children, elderly people, animals and the means of environmental issues. People more sorry for dogs than people, of the people of a sense of compassion is more important to support non-viable babies, not adults who might still live and work.
In comments to the article, someone agrees with a similar portrait of someone accuses the author of Russophobia. No, the author loves Russia, and believe in it, for many decades engaged in outreach and educational activities for their country. There are no enemies here and do not need to look for them, our challenge lies elsewhere: namely, to think about how we raise our country and raise children - our new citizens. About the Author: Nikolai Kozlov, Doctor of Psychology, Professor, Rector of the University of Applied Psychology, the founder of the website "Psihologos".