The best place in Tagil
• The best place in Tagil
I tell you today about a wonderful place, which is in Nizhny Tagil. This museum, which was the former Metallurgical Plant named after Kuibyshev. Russia's only open-air museum of the factory! The factory was founded in 1725 and finally stopped in 1987. Fortunately, the plant is not demolished, and do not pass it the equipment for scrap, and recognized industrial heritage monument of federal significance. Now here you can come and walk among the former factory halls, metallurgical furnaces and different techniques.
A bit of history.
Nizhny Tagil, emerged as a result of the Demidov dynasty, namely the construction is one of the first steel plants in Russia. It is clear that for almost three centuries, all enterprises in the city are constantly updated, but it turned out that some of the shops of the Nizhny Tagil Metallurgical Plant is well preserved until the end of the XX century.
When in 1987 the plant (which already bore the name of Kuibyshev) was closed, it was transferred under the administration of the Nizhny Tagil Museum of the mining business, which is now called "mining and metallurgical Ural" and brings together most of the museums of Nizhny Tagil and even natural attractions such as Fox Mountain. By the way, this museum was also founded by Demidov (back in 1841). Here are preserved ancient blast and open-hearth furnaces, building workshops XIX-XX century stable yard, water turbine Girard and bridge crane of the late XIX century. There is even a valid boiler English company "Sterling" in 1913.
The layout of the XVIII century, too, was able to save. From afar, the plant looks like a decoration to a fantastic film in the genre of steampunk.
The dam of the city pond. Earlier machines were set in motion with water (for this and need the water turbine), the landscape was transformed to the needs of the plant - were created by the dam and pond, which are now safe. Since production was tied to the water supply, plant layout to create a "dam", taking into account the directions of its slot. By the way, the dam did not really rebuilt from 1721, only wooden structures were replaced with metal.
When the plant them. Kuibyshev gave his final whistle, decided to make the mining museum in the open air equipment in its place. In 1992, a delegation from Nizhny Tagil even traveled to the German industrial zone Emscher Park to see how all this can be realized.
In the 90s in the city were going to create a vast industrial "Demidov Park" (apparently, just the image of the Emscher), but zero realization of this idea somehow stalled. However, the plant had to clean industrial waste and create multiple exposures: Blast furnace plant, open-hearth furnaces, rolling stock.
Now the factory museum - just the object from which the revival of the project can begin. The museum is called differently - Demidov, old Demidov, but among tagiltsev he is known simply as "the factory museum."
The blast furnace shop
There remained a huge cast iron boilers for railway carriages.
in the rolling mill type.
sheet bar mill
Casting span workshop
in the blast furnace shop View
Most of the factory museum exhibits belongs to the XX century, but with the other two exhibits of centuries they create interesting exposition. Hopefully, "Demidov Park" project will not be forgotten, and the old buildings will not destroy for the sake of some absurd new buildings.