It looked like Mars 4 billion years ago?
• It looked like Mars 4 billion years ago?
Today, our neighbor Mars - cold, covered with red desert planet. Liquid water is no longer exists on the surface due to low atmospheric pressure and temperature. However, there is evidence that on its surface once flowed streams of salty liquid with low freezing point. Water on Mars with the present conditions ice may be, or may be converted to steam, passing the liquid state.
It turns out that about 4 billion years ago, when Mars was a young planet, its atmosphere was more dense, and the surface was warm enough to sustain liquid water, which is a very important condition for the existence of life.
On the surface of Mars, as on the surface of the Earth, there are typical branched channels that were formed by the fluid flow. In the inner part of some impact craters are pools that once lapped the lake.
Small size craters have disappeared over time and larger preserved signs of erosion. Water destroyed the breed about 3, 7 billion years ago. sediment layers visible on the walls of the crater. Immediately, there are minerals that could form only in the presence of water.
While it is not clear whether or not long enough on Mars favorable climate and managed whether it be for this time life.
The earliest signs of life on earth are represented in the form of an organic chemical structure found in the rocks on the territory of Greenland. Once these rocks were on the seabed. The approximate age of the structure - 3, 8 billion years, that is, after the formation of the planet went only 700 million years old. Fossilized remains of life that would be dated to this period, were found so far.
of fossilized microorganisms actually existed, according to some estimates, 3, 5 billion years. By the time conditions favorable appearance of life on Mars have already disappeared.
"A comparison between the stories of the two planets must be carried out with caution - warn researchers - as the chemical composition of the Earth and the Martian surface is characterized as their volcanic activity."
How life began on Earth?
- Earth appeared about 4, 5 -5000000000 years ago from the cosmic dust and initially was a glowing ball.
- The ancestor of all beings living on our planet called the last universal common ancestor. He lived about 3, 5-3, 8 billion years ago. This ancestor could not be considered the first living creature on our planet.
- hypothesis of the origin of life on our planet, there are several, including the hypothesis of spontaneous generation and hypothesis of entering the life of the cosmos, including other planets, such as Mars.
- According to one of the most popular versions of the life on Earth appeared after her was enough liquid water and has a special climatic conditions.
- The first living beings were prokaryotes, unicellular organisms without a nucleus issued. These creatures were similar to modern bacteria. Living organisms have evolved to become more complex, and over millions of years long.
- 1000-600 million years ago on the Earth there were jellyfish, molluscs, echinoderms, polyps, flatworms.
- Appearing in the ancient ocean, some animals were gradually selected to the land, while others have remained floating in the water. It happened 416-360 million years ago during the Devonian period.