Walk through the night Budapest
• Walk through the night Budapest
Heroes Square - one of the most famous areas of the Hungarian capital, situated on the Pest side is one of the most visited attractions in Budapest, and tourists and locals. The area was decorated for the celebration of the Millennium of Hungary in 1896, and together then more than 50,000 visitors who came to Hungary.
The two semicircular colonnades, located on Heroes' Square of the column height of 118 feet, adorned with a statue of the Archangel Gabriel at the top - it is a monument to the heroes of Hungary.
Vajdahunyad Castle - Castle in Varashliget park. This castle would be more appropriate name "Armory" or "hunting house", but not as strange here today is an agricultural museum. The castle was built from 1896 to 1908 by architect Ignac Alpari.
In 1896, during the celebrations dedicated to the millennium of Hungary in the park Városliget was built "historic pavilion." The pavilion was made of wood, plywood and papier-mache. In its draft Alpari lock incorporated elements of 21 famous Hungarian facilities, including Vajdahunyad Castle (Corvin Castle), fortress Shegeshvara, tower Brasov, Catalina castle, churches in Jake, and a number of other churches, towers and castles. Since the elements of structures that mimic the architecture of Vajdahunyad Castle, family nest kind of Hunyadi in Transylvania, it was the most prominent, "Historical Pavilion" were also called Vajdahunyad.
After the celebrations the pavilion was dismantled, but it was so popular that it was decided to build it in the same spot in the stone. on the construction work was completed in 1908.
Budapest Széchenyi Chain Bridge - suspension bridge over the river. Danube connecting the two historical part of Budapest - Buda and Pest. Opened in 1849, becoming the first permanent bridge across the Danube.
The end points of the bridge are in Pest - Roosevelt tér in Buda - Adam Clark Square.
The bridge is named after a Hungarian politician Count István Széchenyi, who has invested a lot of money and effort in its construction.
The building of the Hungarian Parliament is located directly on the Danube embankment in Budapest, one of the largest government residences in the world.
The construction of the parliament building was conceived after the unification of Buda and Pest in 1873. Competition won a well-known enthusiast of Gothic Revival Imre Steindl. The site was chosen on the east bank of the Danube between the first permanent bridge in Budapest - Szechenyi Chain Bridge and the Margaret Bridge. Construction was carried out from 1885 to 1904.
At the heart of Budapest is the Váci street.
Without Vaci Street Budapest is absolutely impossible to imagine. The street is full of shops and restaurants.
Sculpture "A Little Princess", sitting on the railing of the tram station, appeared in 1989 and soon became one of the sights of Budapest.
Another sculpture "Girl playing with a dog." Boy trying to play with the girl.
Elisabeth Bridge, Erzsebet-Hid - Bridge in Budapest, the fourth current bridge over the Danube connecting Buda and Pest. The bridge is located on a narrow section of the Danube, its length is only 290 meters. The bridge is named after the Empress Elisabeth of Bavaria (in Hungarian sounds like her name Elizabeth), better known as Sissi.
entrance to the subway on Vorosmarti area.
Yellow line Metro M-6, one of the oldest subways of the world, the first subway (in the modern sense) in continental Europe.
Barker in the bar on the Váci street.
The old central market (Nagyvasarcsarnok) on Fevam Square, located in the IX region and is the largest market of the city. The roof has been renovated and laid out with tiles Zsolnay. In Hungary, the markets are located, usually in buildings.
Liberty Bridge - the bridge over the river Danube in Budapest. The bridge has a length of 333 m, a width of 20 m and connects Buda and Pest. It was built in 1894-1896 under the project of Janos Feketehazi. Subsequently, the bridge was called Customs, which the building stood on the Pest embankment, then the bridge was renamed the Bridge of Franz Joseph, who opened it. After the restoration of the bridge got its present name.