18 new facts about Steve Jobs
was published biography of Steve Jobs by Walter Isakson authorship, based on more than 40 interviews with Jobs himself, as well as with his colleagues, friends and family. Some new interesting facts from the biography of Steve.
1. Jobs stopped going to church in 13 years.
When Jobs was 13 years old he saw on the cover of Life starving children. He talked with his teacher, but apparently did not receive clear answers. After that Steve is no longer attended church and did not return to Christianity.
2. Jobs tried marijuana for the first time in 15 years. He later used the LSD.
Steve tried LSD prior to release from the school, the sensations he described as "a great experience, one of the most important things that happened in my life."
3. Jobs could be a poet and to move to Paris, if not founded Apple.
This Steve says the former CEO Apple, John Sculley.
4. On iPod, Jobs was among more than 15 albums of Bob Dylan and 3 album Yo-Yo Ma.
About Yo-Yo Ma Steve once he said that it was the best case prove the existence of God.
5. there was only one Download Books For iPad 2 Jobs.
The only book in the plate Jobs - is An Autobiography of a Yogi. This book Jobs reread every year since his youth.
6. Jobs believed that no one is irreplaceable, except the designer Jonathan Ive.
At Quince was a huge influence in the company Apple, which supported Steve Jobs and Jonathan called his "spiritual partner" - the partner in spirit. Most people in Steve's life are replaceable, but Ive not - shared with the biography of Steve his wife.
7. Steve Jobs and his biological father met, not knowing that they are relatives.
Steve used to go to the restaurant, owned and run by his biological father until he found out who he was. Steve did not trust his father and rather dryly about it. "I went to the restaurant a few times. I remember, I met the owner. He was a Syrian. Balding. We shook hands."
8. Bill Clinton ask for advice from Steve Jobs during the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
How to write the publication Telegraph Clinton, who was in a crisis situation, called Jobs for advice. Steve replied the president, "I do not know if you did it, but if you do, then you have to say about this country.". On the other end lasted a long pause.
9. Jobs hated former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, because he thought that he had stolen Android.
Here's what Steve told his biographer Isakson on this score: "I will spend the last breath of my life, I will spend all $ 40 billion of cash Apple's last penny, to prove the truth, I will destroy Android, because it's a stolen product I would like to announce.. they thermonuclear war. "
10. Last fall, Jobs began to meet people who wanted to see before he died. One such person was the Bill Gates.
However, Jobs was not impressed with Bill's talents: "Bill - an ordinary man without imagination He did not invent Therefore, he feels much more comfortable doing philanthropy, rather than technology..."
In response, Bill called Steve's strange, "He never deeply versed in the technology, but he had a great instinct, he felt that going to work."
11. Larry Page asked for advice from Jobs. And he said that Google turns to Microsoft.
Jobs said that Google is doing too many mediocre products "Save the 5 items and get rid of the rest to find out what needs to be Google, when it becomes even stronger.".
12. Jobs reminded Obama that that was elected to a one-time presidency and reminded about corruption in the educational system and unfriendly to business laws.
However, Obama and Jobs' relationship continued, Steve offered to help Barak in the 2012 presidential campaign. He suggested the same thing in 2008, but Steve did not get on with Obama strategist David Axelrod. Steve wanted to create an epic campaign of Barack, just as impressive as the Ronald Reagan campaign with a series of Morning in America commercials.
13. Steve admitted that he "finally got to the core of what should be a great television." And it will be one of the next big Apple product.
Steve wanted to do with the television industry is the same as what he did with the industry computers, music players, cell phones. Steve admitted: "I would like to create an integrated television set that would be incredibly easy to use It would be automatically synchronized with all your computer and mobile devices, as well as iCloud users would never have to keep on hand a second remote for DVD-player.. or to understand the intricacies of cable channels. this is the most simple interface that only you can imagine. I finally understood what it should be. "
14. Jobs Apple rejected an earlier draft of the new campus of the fact that his son called it a phallic.
15. Jobs was very upset, as the first user to take the iPad.
When the iPad just came out, many mocked him, calling him useless, absolutely unimpressive and with a terrible name. Jobs has received more than 800 emails with such declarations and depressed.
16. Initially, Jobs rejected the idea of applications.
Jobs took a lot of ingenious solutions, but one of the most brilliant features - application for a third-party he had originally rejected. Jobs believed that the team is not ready and does not present with any difficulties refers to the amount necessary to encounter when working with application developers. Member of the Board of Directors of Art Levinson Jobs called more than a dozen times, so that he changed his mind. And he changed his mind.
17. After the initial cancer diagnosis Steve in 2004, he insisted that he did not do the operation. He later regretted this decision.
Jobs decided to postpone the operation, taking up an alternative therapy, he said that he does not want to invade his body. He later regretted this decision.
18. Steve promised not to look over his shoulder to biographer Walter Isakson, his only requirement - that the cover looked great.
Steve did not interfere in the text, but insisted on the approval of the design of the cover.